UI/UX Designer at GoodRx | January - Present
GoodRx is America’s leading prescription price transparency platform. The mission is to help American save on their medications by delivering prices and available discounts at every pharmacy. As part of the product team, my role is to contribute to all aspects of design: visual, user experience, product, and interaction for the entire suite of digital products, including desktop, mobile web, tablet, and mobile apps (iOS & Android).
● Work closely with researcher and engineers to define interface and user requirements
● Analyze, map, and optimize user flow
● Own features and experiences from initial concept to released product
● Develop new approaches to complex interface and UX problems, and convey these designs in the form of presentations, prototypes, and design specifications
Product Designer at Metamason | April - October 2017
Metamason is a health technology startup based in downtown Los Angeles developing a mobile platform that allows clinicians and respiratory therapists to take 3D scan data of patient’s face and create truly personalized 3D printed respiratory devices. My role is to lead the entire digital design efforts of Metamason and be integral in shaping the company's digital offerings for the future.
● Work with design team in conducting research and translating that into thoughtful user experiences
● Create wireframes, mockups, and designs for tablet application
● Drive and implement critical interactions within the application, especially the 3D scanning flow, balancing beauty, utility and seamless integration into the workflow of the patients, clinicians and other medical practitioners.
● Prepare design assets for developers and guide them through the visual aspects of the front-end development process
User Experience Designer at Uplift/Robin Care | August 2016 - December 2016
Worked within a small team to define the user interactions and features for a mobile/web-based application designed to guide cancer patients through their treatments to survivorship while improving engagement between patients and their caregivers.
Creative/UI/UX Consultant at MedCircle | September 2016 - November 2016
Overhauled the user experience of an existing platform, developing a vocabulary of UI patterns in order to enhance UX for both mobile and web users.
User Interface Designer at Patient Insight | April 2016
Re-imagined the layout of current-day electronic medical records (EMR), designing a data visualization tool designed to provide physicians with more relevant and improved access to medical data at the point-of-care.
Interaction Designer at DIRECTV | 2014-2015
Assisted in the creation of various experimental prototypes intended to redefine the television viewing experience, utilizing emerging technologies and interactions by designing and creating high-fidelity wireframes, conducting user research, and developing user workflow/user case scenarios.
Senior User Interface Designer at Fujitsu Ten Corp. of America | 2011-2014
Participated in the overall design process for Toyota products, using graphic design expertise to create a cohesive aesthetic vocabulary for their various brands as well as conducting user interviews and research in order to design intuitive and innovative user interfaces.
DESIGN - User Interface Design, User Experience Design, Interaction Design, Art Direction, Wireframe, Graphic design, Illustration.
SOFTWARE - Adobe Creative Suite (Photoshop, Illustrator, InDesign, After Effect), Sketch, Pixate, InVision, Microsoft Office.
LANGUAGE - Native in Mandarin Chinese, full professional proficiency in English, limited working proficiency in Japanese.
BFA in Graphic Design | BA in Japanese
California State University, Long Beach | 2005-2010